Do you want to refresh your social media marketing? Video is a great way to engage your audience, but it can be difficult to determine what options will work for your brand. Let’s break down five valuable options for your consideration.
Live videos often are most effective for announcements, behind-the-scenes looks, and product information videos. Regular short video updates can continuously engage your audience, while longer live video sessions can be a way to dig deeper with your followers through Q&A sessions and direct chats.
Tips for successfully adding live videos to your content marketing mix:
- Test your live video setup to make sure all your technology works.
- Lighting and sound are incredibly important. Invest in the right technology.
- Promote your live streams on your social media accounts well ahead of time.
- Use scheduling tools, such as Facebook’s Premieres, to make your video more visible.
- Livestream at the same time every week for your audience.
Tutorial videos have mass appeal and are among the most frequently shared on social media. The videos can relate to your products and services or can be broader topics that relate to your audience and industry.
Tips for incorporating tutorial videos in your content marketing mix:
- Ask your followers about what tutorials they would be most interested to watch.
- Remain active in comments and respond to messages throughout the video’s life.
- Make the videos clear and to the point – they’ll be easier to follow.
- Don’t rely too much on tools or techniques your followers aren’t likely to have or understand.
- Have a clear call to action at the end of the tutorial video.
Informational videos can cover any topic. Build your content archive with videos on a variety of relevant topics. Make them unique, clever, or insightful. When adding video to your social media, concentrate on content likely to be shared – something valuable to make it worth the viewer’s time.
Tips for adding informational videos to your content marketing mix:
- Emphasize brand identity.
- Don’t make the videos too long or too detailed.
- Analyze which videos perform the best with metrics and KPIs to better your future informational videos.
- Invest more time and money in these videos, as they’re likely cornerstones of your content.
- Pay attention to how people respond on social media: What do they want more of? What is working? What is disliked?
Behind-the-scenes videos are a great way to make your company and your team more personable. Highlight day-to-day operations, your offices, your manufacturing processes, and more. Interview employees, talk to the vendors you’re closest to, or speak with your best customers. All of these things are designed to give prospective customers a better idea of how your company works and who you are. This type of video is designed to build trust and brand identity.
Tips for adding behind-the-scenes videos to your content marketing:
- Don’t be afraid to put personality into this type of content
- Think about the little things that employees do throughout the day that your customers might find interesting.
- Use behind-the-scenes videos to tell the story of your products, your brand, your people.
- Incorporate customers, vendors, or employees into a behind-the-scenes video.
User-Generated Video Content
User-generated content is a brilliant way to grow an audience because users are more inclined to share the content they create. Viewing the user-generated content also is an excellent way to get a feel for your audience members’ personalities and what they’re interested in.
Tips for adding user-generated videos to your content marketing:
- Encourage users to get creative or silly with their content.
- Make sure to properly attribute the content to the creators and thank them.
- Encourage featured users to share the videos with their friends.
- Ask other users to vote on the content or to share the content they like the most.
- Consider a giveaway or contest linked to user-generated videos.
Be creative, Be consistent.
Build the foundation of a strong video campaign step by step. By consistently producing different types of videos, you can bring in an audience from multiple platforms and demographics. A healthy mix of video content on social is essential to making sure your video content campaign continues to grow – and your social media continues to attract followers.
Are you creating video content for your social media, but struggling to get it to resonate with your followers? Contact us today for a free consultation and learn how we can help your business soar.